Healthy food, a measuring tape, a notebook, and a pencil on a wooden table

Weight Loss Tip: How to Use a Weight Loss Calculator

Weight loss is more manageable with a weight loss calculator on your side. Blindly eating grapefruit each morning and hoping for the scale to go down won\’t be effective because all weight-loss revolves around calories. Calories are units of energy from food, and the body turns them into fuel. Unfortunately, when we take in too many calories, our bodies store the excess as fat. Avoiding this fat gain is made easy by using a weight loss calculator. This tool is applied to determine your caloric intake. Once you find out how much you need to eat, the rest is just preparation!

How to Use A Weight Loss Calculator

Not all people need to take in the same number of calories. The traditional recommended serving of 2,000 calories per day that we see on every nutrition label is baloney. Depending on height, weight, gender, age, and daily activity, your caloric requirements can vary greatly. A woman who is 5’5 working at a desk job won’t eat the same volume as a man who is 6’1 doing physical labor. A weight loss calculator tells you what your individual needs are. All you need to do is enter in your specific information in the following categories:

  • Age
  • Height
  • Weight
  • Daily Activity Levels
  • Desired Weight Loss
  • Desired Amount of Time

The weight loss calculator will then let you know how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.

Knowledge is Power: How A Weight Loss Calculator Will Help

Crunch the numbers with a weight loss calculator and see how many calories you need to lose for you to get your ideal body. From there, you can set up your weight loss plan. The phrase \”abs are made in the kitchen\” is very accurate. Diet is 90% of weight loss, while exercise is the remaining 10%. Pay attention to what you eat and stay within the calorie deficit. Plan out your meals in advance or go with a professional meal plan to ensure your weekly intake fits within your calorie needs. Some people enjoy the convenience of cooking all on one day and reheating when they\’re hungry while others enjoy the routine of cooking each night. Whatever works for you, know what you plan on eating ahead of time to avoid stopping somewhere unhealthy for a quick fix!


Exercise Is Still Important for Reaching Weight Loss Goals

While diet is a massive part of weight loss, fitness is still significant! Working out helps you in the long run by building muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you need to maintain your body, which allows you to have higher maintenance calories once you achieve your goal weight. Staying active also helps keep your bones firm, heart-healthy, and stress levels low. It\’s a win-win! Just like with your diet, plan out your exercise in advance. Talk to a weight loss specialist to make sure you\’re following the right protocols with your current health. Remember, dedication is more important than motivation; you need to stick with your plan for it to be effective. Even if you jog at the gym for a half-hour instead of doing heavy strength training, you’re still active, and following your weight loss journey instead of lounging on the couch all day!

Seeing Results with a Weight Loss Calculator

As with any sustainable weight loss, results won’t happen overnight. Rapid weight loss tends to bounce back just as quickly as it left. Sticking to your diet and exercise plans as directed by a weight loss calculator is the best way to lose weight permanently. You will most likely feel the benefits before you see them through increased energy levels, clearer skin, and a better mood. There are ways to get your weight loss off to a bang safely! Additions to your weight loss journey can include healthy protein-packed meal replacements or fat burner shots to fill you with powerful vitamins. Talk through your goals during a consultation with a weight loss expert to determine what will work best for you.

For more common weight loss and other related tips, please contact Advanced Medical Weight Loss.

1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy Suite B-313, Henderson, NV 89012


Call Us Now Skip to content